Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Regarding Religion

Had a beautiful conversation with a friend. I've walked a long road with him, and in many ways had the honor and joy of watching him become a man. Recently, he ended a relationship that had lasted for many years.

When I asked him why, his response floored me.

(note: my paraphrase - memory is terrible)

"The biggest reason was because she had drifted away from Christianity...it just wasn't real for her anymore. I never thought that my religious views would be important enough to break up with someone over."

Few things are more beautiful than when you reach the point in the road and look back on the path travelled from the rise on the horizon, only to find the climb was not in vain. Sunsets are most glorious from the peaks of mountains scaled.

No comments: